Monday, September 9, 2013

Learning to Run

I am trying to run.  I long to be 'fit enough' to run carelessly and easily through the trails of our city.  I've been trying to get out 3 times a week at least and whenever I see the groups of runners or those that seem to do it so easily I get excited when I think that could be me one day.  I NEVER thought I would say that.  I hate exercise but for some reason the sun, beautiful weather at lunch time and just the fresh air has been a great combo for me.  It's stress relieving, it makes me feel good physically (well maybe not the next day when I'm stiff) and I think it's helping me shed some weight. My goal for now is to be able to run a 5K.  I have a ways to go.  Today I ran for about 2K but I did do 5K total.  I used to be the type that focused on time exercising and now I'm focusing on distance.  I'm not sure if one is better than the other but I feel like I'm accomplishing something cool!  And I downloaded the app - Runkeeper which tracks your pace, distance, time and calories burned.  It's neat to see how well you did at the end.  And something I noticed today - running without a stroller to push makes you twice as fast!  HA - go figure. 

My only concern is - what to do when the weather changes :(  I suppose the treadmill will be the answer...which means a gym membership.  I'm up for it but I do hope the warm weather lasts as outside is far more enjoyable.

Now if only I could disguise my tomato face after

PS Getting close to 'onderland' eeeeep :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment