Tuesday, September 3, 2013

People are starting to notice!

I had a great long weekend and was sad to see it come to an end :(  The weather was amazing (finally) and we took advantage of it - lots of runs/walks, BBQs and just being outside.  My child LOVES the outdoors and running free.  I sometimes wonder if it's because we live in a condo with no backyard!  Ah well, that's all mommy can manage for now!

I had a friend in town for the weekend and met up with her and my BFF Friday night.  I saw her 3 weeks ago, but she immediatiely commented how 'skinny' I look and asked what I'd been doing.  I couldn't help but laugh as I'm far from skinny and she is indeed SKINNY (like 5'10 and a size 8).  But I took the compliment and explained a bit about my new lifestyle.  My BFF asked me how much I had lost, and when I said 10 pounds they both said it looked like more than that.  I was surprised to hear that 1 - they had even noticed and 2 - that they said it looked like more than 10 pounds.  My only explanation is that perhaps I'm less bloated as I'm not eating much as far as processed foods go and my salt intake is also quite low for the same reasons.  Or...maybe they are just blowing fluff up my butt as my clothes pre-pregnancy are still not fitting great.  And the scale is still up 5 pounds from then as well. 

I also think I have a 'magic' number, where once I hit it, I no longer look fat and just chubby lol.  More people start to notice I've lost weight when I hit this number and other people start to notice me.  I get more looks from men and people are far more friendly!  I've always wondered if it is because I become more attractive or is it because I'm more happy with myself and that comes out as confidence?  Perhaps a bit of both?  Nonetheless I'm feeling good and plan to stay consistent and embrace my new lifestyle!





 
 
 
 
And remember...

 
 
(or just find your 'magic' number)

No comments:

Post a Comment