Friday, August 16, 2013

Big Girl Panties

So...my underwear are falling off of me today, which is a good thing because that means I'm getting smaller (yay) but it also means that I have to go around all day trying to discretely pull them up as I walk.  And of course I'm wearing a dress! 

For them to be falling off means that I have lost a few pounds - 7 actually :)  To be honest, I'm a bit surprised that I can tell already as I usually don't see it in my clothes until I've lost at least 10.  I can feel it if I gain 5 though - typical!  And I find that my size of clothes doesn't go down until I've lost 15 or so.  I wonder if that will change as I get smaller?  My mom for example is much smaller than me on the bottom...well, she's smaller everywhere but really small on the bottom (size 8) and if she loses 5 pounds her pants are baggy in the butt.  Me - not so much.  But I imagine 5 pounds on someone who is 150 pounds is significant.

Back to the 7 pound loss...
 
7 lbs gone is crazy for me since I've really been struggling to see any loss on the scale these last few months.  Not because I haven't been trying, for whatever reason it just would not move.  I tried droppin my calories, then dropping carbs, adding more protein, taking out fruit - tried it all!!  I had bloodwork done and everything was normal so eventually my doc and I narrowed it down to stress.  I have had a lot of stress in my life the last 9 months or so and it's still there but on a smaller level.  Or...maybe I'm just handling things better.  I still have situational stress, where something comes up and I freak out momentarily, but the overhanging of major stress is lessening.  So maybe that's it! 
 
Regardless, I am feeling better and it is so nice to see that damn scale move down.  They say we shouldn't go by the scale as it may not cooperate all the time but for someone who is over 200 lbs that scale has no reason not to move, especially when you are doing everything right.  I can only hope that as I continue to eat well and exercise that the scale will continue to be my friend. 
 
 

  Been there!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment