Friday, August 23, 2013

Lack of sleep = no weight loss for this momma

Being a single parent (with no help from the ex), I am constantly juggling my schedule and at my daughter's beck and call basically.  From the time she wakes up to the time she finally falls asleep (aside from daycare) I am there for her 110%....and even during the night, which means this momma is often sleep deprived.  And lately I have noticed a correlation to lack of sleep and zero weightloss. 

This week has been one of those times.  I've been exercising, eating clean, drinking my water, upping my protein, varying my calories (high and low days) but the scale has not been my friend.   Enter sleep deprivation - I've been lucky if I've clocked 5 hours of sleep on a few nights and they are often broken up sleeps, having to tend to my daughter or falling asleep in her bed and then waking up to move to mine (yes, I lay with her til she falls asleep - I just got her in her own bed after a year of sleeping with me so this is progress!), or hearing the dog gag, or the people upstairs gettin' busy...ya get my drift - I am definitely not getting the recommended 7-8 hours lately and it shows on the scale!  And I feel tired and icky in the mornings.  I am hoping I can make up for the lack of sleep this weekend, but sleep is just one of those things as a parent that can vary greatly.  I'm not sure how else to mend this, except hope that my body will adjust?!?!? 


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment