Monday, August 19, 2013

Smoothieeeessss

I hope you had a great weekend! Mine was a quiet one, other than chasing a toddler around a park in a white dress trying to get her two year old photos taken :)  Fingers crossed at least one turned out and they can photoshop dirt out of her dress!  Otherwise, it was just a lot of outside play, singing songs, watching Dora, Elmo, or Mickey Mouse and running errands. 

One 'non toddler' thing I did do over the weekend was experiment with smoothies.  I do enjoy a smoothie in the morning.  It's become an easy way for me to get in an extra meal, it's tasty and seems to satisfy my craving for something sweet.  I tried two new variations this weekend that I thought were DELISH and wanted to share:

Peanut Butter Heaven
1 frozen banana
1 tbls natural (chunky if you can find it) peanut butter
3/4 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
1.5 cups of unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
4-5 ice cubes

Cocoa-rific (yes I made these names up, I'm so creative)
1 frozen banana
1 tbls unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 package vanilla stevia
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup of non fat plain greek yogurt
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
4-5 ice cubes

They both totally hit the spot and made me want more!  I use a magic bullet to blend mine, but any higher powered blender should work, as long as it crushes ice.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment